MTO (Managers Time Out) Meetings
1.0 CMPE hours available!
Managers Time Out (MTO) Meetings provide our members supplement face-to-face education in addition to our annual conference, live webinars and on-demand webinar library.
- MTO meetings are open to all Illinois MGMA members
- MTO meetings are open to non-member practice managers, physicians and their guests who are looking for education and want to learn more about Illinois MGMA for a fee of $30 per person, per meeting
- Non-member vendors who provide products or services to providers are not eligible to attend
Although MTO meetings are free for Illinois MGMA members, YOU MUST REGISTER to attend each event.
All MTO meetings include: a light dinner, speaker/presentation earning 1.0 ACMPE credit hour and networking time
Location Presence Resurrection
Marian Hall Conference Center - Room: Blessed Celine, Ground Floor
7435 W. Talcott Avenue, Chicago, IL 60631
Time 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM... Dinner
6:30 PM - 7:30 PM... Educational Presentation
7:30 PM - 8:30 PM... Networking
Upcoming MTO Dates
Tuesday, November 6:
Presenter: Christopher Woodside, PNC Bank
Topic: Emerging Physicians: Patient & Practitioner Expectations
Chris Woodside will be joining us to highlight how to hire and retain millennial physicians as well as how to attract millennial patients.
As a PNC Healthcare Business Banking Relationship Manager, Chris Woodside helps healthcare practices increase profitability and improve cash flow. With a strong knowledge of the healthcare industry, he understands how to capitalize on changing market conditions that directly benefit healthcare practices. Throughout his career, Chris has helped healthcare practices accomplish many objectives such as expanding operations, changing locations, adding partners and ancillary services, and purchasing the latest healthcare technology and equipment.
1.0 CMPE hours available.
Future MTO Dates coming soon.
Past MTO Information & Presentations
September 6, 2018 MTO
- Timothy Smith (Principal of TS Healthcare Consulting in Dalls) recently wrote an article in HFM Magazine entitled "Health System-Owned Physician Practices: Are Any Losses Acceptable?" This article was discussed during the meeting. MGMA data was used to show that health-system owned phyiscian practices averaged losses in net income as opposed to privately owned physician practices, which typically showed a profit. The article can be viewed here (must have HFMA membership to view): HFMA ARTICLE
- J.B. Pritzker's gubernatorial platform includes 'Illinois Cares', Pritzker's attempt to offer Medicaid to all state residents. More details here: ILLINOIS CARES
- September Presentations