Thank you for attending our 2020 Fall Financial Conference! All post-conference resources can be found on this page.
Presentation Slides & Handouts
- Medicare Update - Nathan Kennedy, NGS
- Navigate Appeals Successfully: Details Make a Difference - Joe Rivet, Esq., Rivet Health Law
- Payer Panel: BlueCross BlueShield of Illinois - Michelle Brownfield-Nance & Gina Plescia, BCBS IL
- Illinois State Medical Society Update - Ken Ryan, ISMS
- ACMPE: Follow the instructions in our ACMPE Credit Worksheet to submit your ACMPE CEUs.
- AAPC: Personalized AAPC certificates have been emailed to all registered attendees. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received yours.
During the conference, some presenters may have taken questions that could not be immediately answered. Any answers that are provided to us by presenters will be posted below.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
Q: Michelle at BCBS said that there are no anticipated changes regarding E/M policies at BCBS. We’ve been training our providers on the new 2021 E/M guidelines (using MDM or time and disregarding HPI and ROS during level selection). Should we still use the current E/M level selection guidelines for BCBS?
A: We are expecting providers to bill according to the definition of the codes and the new guidelines. We will not be changing reimbursement at this time.