Become Certified Today -- Illinois MGMA has the Resources to Help!
ACMPE - The American College of Medical Practice Executives
Established in 1956, the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) is the standard-setting and certification body of the Medical Group Management Association. ACMPE offers board certification and Fellowship in medical practice management. ACMPE’s mission is to continually improve the performance of medical group practice professionals and the organizations they represent. Their vision is to be the recognized leader in defining and supporting the profession of medical group management. Some benefits of board certification:
- Demonstrates your broad knowledge of medical practice management
- Enhances your professional status by earning a nationally recognized professional designation
- Provides a distinct advantage over other candidates when seeking employment and promotions
- Assists you in demanding more salary, on average, than noncertified professionals
- Expands your network of medical practice executives who have chosen to excel in the profession
The board certification exam assesses your:
- Knowledge and understanding of the broad scope of medical practice management principles and issues
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate in writing
- Oral communication skills
ACMPE board certified professionals enjoy:
- Professional respect from physicians, peers and colleagues
- Increased earning and career potential
- Leading many of the nation's best-performing medical practices
ACMPE Fellowship is the most prestigious professional designation in the medical practice management community. As a Fellow, you can find a platform to demonstrate your leadership in identifying key improvement areas for the sustainability and success of an organization in today’s complex healthcare environment. Check out the Fellowship Requirements page here.
Visit the Fellowship Submission Process page for a step-by-step guide on how to submit a fellowship business plan. For writing resources to plan for the business plan proposal, check out the Fellowship Resources page.
Body of Knowledge (BOK)
Group practice management is unique, and the profession’s nuances make it unlike any other. That’s why the Body of Knowledge (BOK) for Medical Practice Management is so essential to success. It serves as a repository of industry knowledge, a guide to practice management, an assessment of competency and a learning tool.
The BOK also serves as the exam blueprint for MGMA members who are pursuing certification and Fellowship through the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE), the certification and standard-setting entity of MGMA.
Learn more about the BOK here.
Keep up with ACMPE continuing education requirements! A cumulative total of 50 credit hours is among the requirements for advancement and maintenance of Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) status. You may receive credit for continuing education taken up to one month prior to your nominee acceptance date – specifics of what counts towards credit can be found on the MGMA ACMPE Continuing Education credit page.
- All Illinois MGMA state conferences and webinars meet the requirements for continuing education credit hours from ACMPE. These CE hours are good towards certification requirements.
- For instructions on how to claim your continuing education credit hours, visit our ACMPE CE Credit page.
Visit the landing page for more information on certification and Fellowship.
Your Illinois MGMA ACMPE Forum Representative
For questions about ACMPE and how to get started on the path to certification, contact:
John Giertz, CMPE
ACMPE Forum Representative