CMPE Testing FAQ's
On Demand Testing FAQs
Starting March 2020, we will be offering on-demand testing for all board certification exams.
- Exam purchasing will be open throughout the year
- Exam(s) purchased are eligible for scheduling within 24 hours and may sit for the exam within 48 hours of receiving their notice to schedule
- Examinations that are purchased are eligible to test for up to one year from purchase date. (366 days in system)
- Once eligibly of testing expires, the candidate must repurchase the exam(s)
2. Organizational Purchasing
- Organizations who bulk purchase exams have one year from purchase to assign the testing fees. Once assigned, the candidate has one year of eligibility to test.
- Unassigned exam fees or exams not completed once assigned must be repurchased once passed the eligibility dates.
- Notice to schedule will be delivered via email from Scantron 24 hours after purchase date.
- Candidates will use the Scantron portal to choose date, time, and locations.
- Candidates may schedule as soon as 48 hours but must take the exam before their one year of eligibility.
- Examinations rescheduled 11 or more days from the date of scheduled exam(s), will not incur a fee to do so. They must still test within the one year of eligibility.
- Examinations rescheduled 48 hours up to 10 days of schedules exam(s) will pay a $15.00 rescheduling fee per exam to Scantron.
- All reschedules are handled by Scantron at 919.572.6880.
- Those who wish to reschedule within 48 hours of scheduled exams, will be a No Show and will forfeit their fees and eligibility*. You will need to purchase exam(s) again to test.
5. No Shows and Refunds
- No-shows for the testing appointment will have to purchase the exam(s) again.
- No refunds will be offered for the examinations. Eligibility is good for one year from purchase date.
- After one year, the candidate will need to purchase their exam(s).
*Scantron has an emergency reschedule policy, that no shows and reschedules within 48 hours may be applicable to, based on Scantron’s discretion:
- A candidate may cancel or reschedule his/her testing session fewer than two (2) days in advance of the testing appointment if the candidate experiences one of the following circumstances (the $25 rescheduling fee may apply). The candidate must provide Scantron with appropriate documentation (e.g., copy of summons, doctor’s note, copy of funeral announcement) within 15 business days of the rescheduling request.
i.Serious illness and/or hospitalization (either the candidate or immediate family member [e.g., mother/father, sister/brother, wife/husband, child])
ii.Death in immediate family (e.g., mother/father, sister/brother, wife/husband, child)
vi.Unexpected military call-up
If you have other questions about please contact MGMA toll-free at 877.275-6462, ext. 1888.
- Scantron to remind 90, 60, 30 before eligibility lapse
- Purchased: MGMA to remind One month after purchase- Call to action: Resources
- One month/3 month/6 month after application acceptance- Call to action: Purchase Exams
- Exam change Communication
- Member Newsletter: NEW ACMPE testing on your time ad
- Ad for Connect Magazine- January
- ACMPE Applicants (those who have not passed both exams) Email Blast of NEW exam delivery (December) Call to Action: Update on program + Day of release email